Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Foot-Five Deals 6-29-11

Caution: The deals and samples I am about to expose are shockingly frugal, the author of this post cannot be held responsible for shortness of breath, light-headedness or the syncope that will follow!

Today was a great day for deals! My #1 blog for authentic samples and deals has been MoneySavingMom! I  check the site almost daily for free samples and weekly deals.  Crystal, the author, is a young mom/wife who lives on a budget and whose values are closely aligned to my own. If you love saving money and haven’t checked her blog out yet, you should!

Staples was having a sale on Charmin (16 double rolls) for $4.99 (regular price 8.99). I used a 15% off coupon which brought the price down to $4.25! I was careful to print the ad along with the coupon in case the Staples didn’t have the Charmin marked $4.99 on the shelf!

Staples-stickies (post it notes) for $1 with coupon (regular price $5). I am so happy to found these at such a good price since my new job (I start on Friday) will require tedious amounts of paperwork and I’ll need several thousand sticky-notes to stay organized!

My final purchase at Staples was a container of 40 small binder clips for $1 with coupon (regular price $4.29).  I am excited to also put these to good use upon starting my new job. I even picked up the colored lot (blue, pink, green, and purple) instead of the boring plan ones (little things make me happy)!

I saved a total of $17 on these 3 items! Woohoo for savings!

Here are some of the samples/free items I recently acquired. 

All 3 suave products I got free with 3 free product coupons that suave sent me for playing a guessing game (salon or suave) about their products online! The Cottonelle wipes were also purchased with a free product coupon Cottonelle gave away to promote their new product.

Within the last week these are some of the items that were slipped into my mailbox.

The Osteo-bi-flex was a free 1 week sample (I love vitamins). Just yesterday I sat down and enjoyed looking through this Better Homes and Gardens magazine, bet you can’t guess why I enjoyed it so much. Ok maybe you can . . . yes, I got a free one year subscription! Oh’ and just to clarify I don’t get every magazine subscription that is free (like TV there are a lot of crap filled magazines) but I am a 
sucker for good home or fashion magazines!

Finally, you see that small coupon lying on top of the pile? It is something I was surprised yet excited to receive! One day about a month ago, when I had a day off, I waited nearly 2 hours for the release of Bounty’s $5 of coupons via Facebook! Since the coupon was said to release between a 2 hour time span I should not have been as shocked as I was to find out they waited until they had a bazillion more Facebook fans before they released the coupon (insert Bounty laughing at us saying. . . suckers)! Anyhow, when the coupon finally released I had trouble filling out the address form and submitting it due to the overwhelming traffic on their page! After several error messages I gave up and thought “I wouldn’t have minded the wait if I would have gotten a coupon!”  Alas my effort was not in vain for as I proudly hold this $5 off coupon I cannot help but think I have won this Facebook war against Bounty!

Can I get a Foot-Five for this weeks deals!!!!????

No comments:

Post a Comment